The SHAPE project is funded by ESA through the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) Programme Element to prepare for the exploitation of Sentinel-3 data over the inland water domain (water heights and discharge).
- Characterise CryoSat-2 SAR data over inland water.
- Assess the performances, in Hydrology, of applying the Sentinel-3 IPF to CryoSat-2 data and emulating repeat-orbit Alti-Hydro Products (AHP).
- Analyse weaknesses of the Sentinel-3 IPF at all levels.
- Assess the benefits of assimilating the SAR/RDSAR derived AHP into hydrological models.
- Design innovative techniques to build and refine the L1B-S and assess their impact onto L1B and AHP.
- Improve SAR/RDSAR retracking over river and lakes.
- Provide improved L2 Correction (troposhpheric, geoid) for Sentinel-3 over land and inland water.
- Specify, prototype, test and validate the Sentinel-3 Innovative SAR Processing Chain for Inland Water.
Regions of interest
The project seletected five regions of interest to develop and to test the SHAPE prototype:
- The Amazon river (downstream from Manaus to mouth)
- The Danube River
- The Brahmaputra river
- The Vänern lake
- The Titicaca lake
Please refer to the Data Procurement Plan "Web Version" (DPPW) document available for download from the Documents page.